Sunday, March 15, 2015

Review

Anastasia Contour Kit Review 


So I finally got my hands on this contour kit. I know it has been raved about everywhere, but I still wanted to share my thoughts on it. It had been sold out forever & I wanted to try it out for a week or so before I gave my review. 
Details:
  • This palette includes all removable powders, with refill pans available online. 
  • 3 contour shades (Java, Fawn, Havana), 1 brightening shade (Banana), 1 corrector shade (Vanilla) & 1 highlight shade (Sand)  
  • Cruelty Free / Dermatologist Tested
  • Price: $52 CA
  • Where to buy: Sephora


I have been using this palette for about two weeks now (if you couldn't tell), and I have some good things to say! I love the fact that the contour shades are not orange toned, and not to grey. When you are using an orange toned bronzer to contour it won't give you as much definition as you would hope, it would more so bronze up your face. If you have a really grey toned contour you are going to look ashy, and it will make your skin look dirty. Stay clear from both of those. This is a reason why I have been loving this pallet. The contour shades are perfect for my skin tone. I have been mixing Fawn and Java together for the perfect cheek combo. 

I also have been loving the Banana powder. I think its perfect for this kit and helps keep my under eyes bright but not shimmery. It has been my first banana powered I have used & I can't believe I am only trying it now. 

The Highlight Shade (Sand)
This highlight shade is really light, it is not overly shimmery and slightly build-able. I do like a highlight shade with a bit more shimmer, but it is still good for everyday. Especially if you are traveling and don't want to bring many products, you can totally get away with this highlight.

I truly love this pallet I think it is great, perfect to travel with and has everything you need in it. The only down fall I have with this pallet is I don't find the shades super long lasting, some days I find I need to touch up a little bit more especially if I am going out later that night. I also crease a little bit when I use the banana powder (These vary for everyone). I also really really wish there was a mirror on the inside. It would be so useful and a great size when travelling, I think it's something that would have given this palette 5 stars for sure. 
I know this palette is a bit pricey but I think it is totally worth the money especially If you really want to get into contouring and use it every day! Those are the only downfalls I have but it won't stop me from using this every day, I still love it. I am obsessed with highlight and contour these days, I think it is essential to get flawless skin with makeup. There's just something about nice cheekbones when taking a selfie. 


Hope you guys enjoyed this review! If you have not tried this or got your hands on it yet, don't give up, you need to try it! Talk soon xx

FOLLOW/SUBSCRIBE


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig