Monday, November 17, 2014

Hair Talk

Hair Care Routine

Today I want to discuss my hair care routine, what products I use and how I style it! I don't have perfect hair but I do try to take care of it as best I can. First things first, I do colour my hair. Recently I had my hair ombré for over a year and before that a deep burgundy for a long time as well. I did love both, and sometimes wish I could go back to them for a few days (wish that was possible). 



Shower
When I wash my hair I make sure I'm using a shampoo that is Sulfate Free, this is to help your hair not strip its colour. Tresemme has a good one for a drugstore shampoo. I normally don't use drugstore shampoos but if I had too I would probably choose that one. The brands I have used are they AG Colour Savour, and the Wella Brilliance Shampoo. Have to say I do love both of these but the smell of the Wella products is amazing. The recent shampoo I have tried is the Bumble & Bumble Hairdressers shampoo and conditioner, I simply feel in love, I noticed my hair had more shine and was softer after one wash. This product is very expensive so It is something to splurge on if you can, the smell is great too. I don't wash my hair everyday, to be honest I try and go as long as I can without. Some weeks I can get away with only washing it twice, with the help of dry shampoo and how I wear my hair. Although I mostly wash it every other day,, this helps my hair so much and makes the colour last even longer. It is good for your hair to release its natural oils, so don't be afraid not to wash everyday! 

Post Shower
After I'm out of the shower, I wrap my hair in a towel to dry for 5-10 minutes. I suggest don't keep it in for longer, It may cause your hair to frizz. After I take it out, I comb through it if I hadn't in the shower already. I then like to add Moroccan Oil to the ends of my hair. I take a tiny pump and run it through the mid and ends of my hair. This will help create shine and control frizz. I'm obsessed with this product, if you have yet to try it I totally recommend you do. The smell is amazing as well and since you only need a tiny pump this stuff with last you a while! 

Blowdry
When I'm ready to blow dry my hair, after it has air dried for a few minutes, I always add a heat protector. I have been using the Tresemme heat proctor since I can remember. I love this stuff and it's affordable, I always pick one up on sale. This really does the job of protecting my hair, I use it before I blow dry and then again when I use a style tool. This helps my hair from split ends and looking damaged. This step is very important to keep your hair from looking damaged. 

Styling
I don't style my hair everyday, I sometimes can get away with its natural look which is loose waves. I don't like putting heat on it everyday, so i won't when I don't have too. I never straighten my hair if I am going to be sitting around all day. When I straighten I always use the heat protector and It will  only take me about 10 minutes. I love curling my hair when I have the time, I use a curling wand and I have a few in different sizes. Right now I have been loving my hair curled using my 1.5'' Sultra Curling Wand. This creates loose waves and the longer you have your hair wrapped the tighter the curls become. 


I hope you guys enjoyed this, these are the results after using the products listed above. If you have any questions leave a comment down below. If you are interested in seeing a tutorial on how I curl my hair, let me know as well! 

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig